Thursday, November 24, 2011

Smart Keyboard - The Virtual keyboard for Android



Smart Keyboard for Android



When I first got my hands on Android Phone, the first thing I noticed was the bad default keyboard. I didn't like the layout, pressing extra key to get regularly used symbols is a pain in the you know where. No smiliy key , a small space bar and it could not handle my uber fast typing speed even though it was a multi touch phone.

So I started looking for keyboard alternatives and read a lot of reviews , downloaded and tested a lot of keyboard apps and finally settled on "Smart Keyboard" for Android

Smart keyboard offers what the default Android Keyboard should. It has skins to match your taste, you can change the size of "space bar", you can even get rid of the "comma" and "mic" key to make room for a bigger space bar key. What I really missed when I was using default keyboard and chatting with friends was the smiley key. I could not make emoticons because of the extra keystrokes required to make one. But Smart Keyboard has a smilie key by default with customizable smilie list . 


There is a good support for various languages too, you can download your required language from the market for free. You can resize the keys to your liking. You can change the tap sound, turn on /off the vibrate on key press. Smart keyboard can learn your contacts names if you wish it to, you can turn on "Smart Dictionary" which basically means, allowing the app to learn new words. There is so much you can customize.

Another very appealing feature of Smart Keyboard is various layouts which include , the classic T9 layout (like phone pads), the compact layout and the qwerty keyboard layout. The Only thing I think is missing is the swipe functionality, which is not really annoying nor is missed when you have such a great predictive keyboard.


No comments:

Post a Comment